These VIDEO LEARNING PLAYLISTS (VLPs) unpack the most important concepts and principles of accounting, difficult calculations, and accounting entries using bite-sized video tutorials.
These video tutorials will help you to start thinking and speaking like an accountant. And, the exam-type questions, printable answer templates, solutions and worked-through examples will add some additional preparation for your upcoming assessments.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER - GET R15 CASH-BACK!
Buy any of these playlists online, and get a R15 cash-back in your Van Schaik Rewards App Wallet!
All you have to do is:
- register by signing up on vanschaik.com;
- make the purchase online and get your redemption code to unlock the Video Learning Play List; and
- be rewarded with R15 cash-back in your App Wallet to spend on data, airtime, purchases at Van Schaik or at our Discount Rewards Partners including Shoprite Checkers, Debonairs Pizza, Foschini, Sportscene and more.
Which topics are covered with each Video Learning Playlist?
Accounting 1 VLP covers topics including:
- differentiating between mark-ups and margins;
- ‘working back a discount’ when a net amount is given;
- making sense of the differences between perpetual and periodic inventory systems;
- depreciation and asset disposal; and
- calculating cash receipts from customers in the statement of cash flows.
Cost and Management Accounting VLP covers topics including:
- the difference between marginal and absorption costing;
- decision trees;
- linear programming, pricing policy and process costing; and
- cost classification, estimation and behaviour.